Hirschl/Sunrise Recital 2022 Information as of January 4th, 2022.
1. PERFORMANCE FEE: $100 per family. This includes one full-length recital DVD (on a 2-DVD set for HD quality) or on a flash drive plus one recital T-shirt (per performer). Costumes are not a part of the performance fee. If you have not let us know you’re participating by February 5th, we will assume that you are not participating. The performance fee is due Saturday, February 5th- after that, the fee is $125.
2. QUESTIONS? Ask your group leader or contact Mr. H. Do not disturb teachers or students during lessons or rehearsals.
3. COSTUME invoices: Make out performance fee & costume checks to HSDA.
4. Full cast (and backstage parent) dress rehearsal at the studio: SATURDAY, JUNE 4th, 2:30-5:30PM.
5. Dress rehearsal at the theater: Friday, June 10th, 5:00-8:00pm
6. Photo Shoot: Saturday & Sunday, May 21st and 22nd. Get to the studio 20 minutes before your time.
7. Where: Servite (ACPA) Theater, 1952 West La Palma Ave in Anaheim, between Euclid and Brookhurst St.
8. Show times and dates: Saturday, June 11th, 12:00pm and 4:00pm (all dances will be performed at both shows)
9. When cast should arrive to the backstage entrance of the theater: One hour prior to show times.
10. Length of the performance: About 2 hours, including a 15 minute intermission.
11. TICKET INFORMATION: Ticket prices: $20 general admission. All regular seats, all ages. Tickets are all the same price, whatever the age of the person. Yes, “babes-in-arms” must still pay the full price, even if they only sit on someone's lap and do not occupy their own seat. It is highly suggested that children under 2 years do not attend the performance. Please inform friends and family before they purchase tickets.
12. All seats are assigned seating. All tickets at the door are $20. Early purchasers get the best seating choice. Tickets go on sale May 1st. Late comers will be seated at the back of the theater (if seating is available) until intermission to prevent disturbing the audience & performers. Where to get tickets:
13. REHEARSAL POLICIES: Working together as a team we’ll make this production a success and something we can all be proud of! Participation has its commitment requirements. We want all performers to know their dances, look their best, and have an enjoyable experience. You will be required to attend dance lessons during the rehearsal period. This is a commitment you must make for yourself as well as for your fellow performers. If you are not able to make the commitment, choose to not participate. In the best interest of the rest of the cast, we have the authority to dismiss any performer from any dance if we feel it necessary.
14. ATTEND ALL YOUR CLASSES! Make the commitment to yourself and to the others in the cast. Do not make any outside commitments during this time that will interfere with time or energy. Clear your schedule so you are able to attend the extra rehearsals and photo shoot in a timely manner.
15. FOOD & DRINK (at the studio) are allowed in the lobby areas only. Only water is allowed past the lobby. If any cast member has any medical condition (hypoglycemia, etc.) that requires them to eat more often, the staff should be notified. Any medical conditions must be indicated in writing.
16. AT THE THEATER: Cast members are not allowed into the audience or intermission areas prior to or during performance or intermission. The audience is not allowed to go into any cast member area during these same times. Only official cast and crew are allowed to be in those areas.
17. QUESTIONS? Ask your group leader or the administrator in the studio lobby. If you need to speak with Mr. H, call and leave a message or e-mail (email@example.com), or use the HSDA Remind app. Do not disturb the teachers, choreographers or students during lessons or rehearsals.
18. EXTRA NOTES:
A/ If you have skin that requires special make up, let us know in advance. We want everyone to look standardized.
B/ Dance shoes are to be worn inside the dance school & stage areas only.
C/ Hair and clothing for rehearsals. Hair is to be in the proper fashion and the appropriate dance attire. Mark your belongings! Put your name on the inside of your shoes, tights, etc., where it won’t be seen.
D/ Don’t bring anything of value to studio or theater. We are not responsible for lost items. Bring to theater: dance bag, towel, extra hair supplies, extra tights & shoes, water, something quiet to keep them busy. A beach towel would be good. Comfortable clothing (sweatpants/T-shirt) & tights underneath. Make sure tights & shoes are good condition.
19. The Drop-off & Pick-up area is at the back stage door. Pick-up area is at the front rows of the audience area. 5 minutes after the curtain closes the performers will be brought onto the stage area for pick up. Only authorized persons are allowed on stage or in any backstage areas.